MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR ONLINE:
Poultry 101 Course
Click “Register Now” and you will be redirected to the registration page with a list of all video workshops and other course benefits.
Whether you are interested in raising poultry for the first time or already have a bit of experience, you won’t want to miss this new online course! We’re covering all the essentials, including basic considerations (flock size, space, costs, local ordinances, choosing the right breed, etc.), nutrition basics, enclosure and fencing options, common health and behavioral issues, and so much more!
- Current workshops in the course include:
- Determining Flock Size and Selecting Breeds for your Flock with Tom Watkins – Sponsored by McMurray Hatchery
- How to Raise Baby Chicks with Queren King-Orozco
- Enclosure and Fencing Choices with Queren King-Orozco
- Common Health and Behavioral Issues with Queren King-Orozco
Note: Poultry 101 currently features the first four of eight workshop videos. The remaining four workshop videos will be released on Dec. 11. Workshop videos to come include:
- Inside the Coop
- Egg Production
- Chicken Feed Needs
- Backyard Chicken Processing
What Is MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR ONLINE?
For this program, we’re using the Teachable platform. Here, we offer “courses,” and each course features pre-recorded video workshops hosted by the esteemed experts that make up the MOTHER EARTH NEWS FAIR family, along with supporting materials and handouts. Each workshop video is 20 to 30 minutes long. We have also included all of our live webinar recordings on this platform.
Click “Register Now” and you will be redirected to the registration page with complete workshop details.